We hope that our customers and industry colleagues are keeping safe amid the ongoing global COVID-19 pandemic.
We would like to inform you of the steps Velocix has undertaken to ensure the safety and well-being of our customers and employees, as well as to minimize the potential impact to ongoing projects, support, and managed/maintenance service activities. We have directed our employees across all regions to work-from-home, cease travel, and follow social distancing guidelines to protect them and others from potential infection. Our team members have been provided with full access to the tools and systems required to perform their job functions, so we do not expect this change to have a significant effect on our productivity or ability to support customers.
We recognize that many of our clients are experiencing higher traffic demands on their video networks and related systems, which may cause strain on existing deployments as more consumers sequester themselves in their homes and watch TV. To help address this, our support team is on standby to quickly respond to any scaling concerns or other issues that may arise as a result of this increased demand. Please contact us if you are encountering difficulties and we will jump in to provide the necessary support.
In the meantime, we have taken the following additional steps to ensure our customers continue to be well supported during this global crisis:
- Support Center: Our 24×7 support center remains fully operational. Our staff is well-equipped to work from home, so we do not anticipate any changes to the level or quality of support our customers will receive.
- Managed services: Our managed services team is also fully functioning effectively from home and continuing to provide operational maintenance and support. We recently expanded this team and have reserve capacity on-hand to provide a helping hand to any clients that may be impacted by personnel shortages.
- Professional services: Our professional services teams are continuing to work on project deployments and managing things closely with customers to keep schedules on track. Staff are able to connect to systems remotely to perform configuration and integration activities, so we don’t expect any major impacts to project timetables.
- Sales: Our sales organization will conduct all meetings by phone or web conference until we are given the all-clear by governmental health agencies and receive approval from policymakers at our customers and prospective customers to travel.
- General: We are monitoring the changing conditions in the regions we serve and adapting our response accordingly. We continue to reinforce public health guidelines with every employee, and we have instructed our teams to notify us immediately if they are feeling unwell so we can take the appropriate contingency steps.
We are here to support our customer’s needs during this difficult time and hope you will let us know if there is anything else we can be doing to help. In the meantime, we will continue to provide updates as we navigate this global situation.